With no certainty of how the UK will leave the EU on
Trading in the UK if there is a no deal Brexit
As you may already know; the current procedure for Trading with the EU is that businesses can move goods freely between EU and MemberStates without customs having to make any import or export declarations or pay any tariffs. However, this may all be about to change. We all have so many questions about ‘the big day’ March 29th 2019 and where Traders in Britain will stand thereafter. We have answered what we feel are the most important ones at this stage below.
In the Case of a no deal Brexit, how will Customs and Excise be dealt with?
As many of us are wondering, what does a no deal Brexit truly mean for trade? Well, one thing that is clear is that should this be the outcome; it would also mean that there would be a ‘no trade deal’ with the EU
If Britain should trade under the WTO rules, then customs and regulatory checks would be applied immediately. It is also important to mention that as well as checks
I currently Import and/or Export, what do I do now?
Under a no deal Brexit all businesses importing and/or exporting goods between the EU and the UK will need to make import and export declarations for any movements after
- Any business importing and/or exporting goods will need to register for a UK Economic Operator Registration andIdentification (EORI) number. You can register for your EORI at www.gov.uk/hmrc/get-eori.If the UK leaves the EU with no deal, you will not be able to continue to import or export goods to/from the EU after 29th March 2018 without an EORI number.
- In line with the Import/Export declarations mentioned above, you will need to decide if you would like to either hire an agent to make all import and/or export declarations for you or if you want to make these declarations yourself.
- To declare through an agent, you will need to contact one to discuss the procedure and find out what information is required from you.
- If you are confident enough to make declarations yourself, you will need to contact a software provider to make sure that their product meets either your importing or exporting needs. Or maybe both if required.
- You will need to contact the organisation that moves your goods and supply any additional information needed for them to be able to make the safety and security declarations for your goods.
What are the Costs and Effects on Smaller Businesses?
After Brexit, small businesses in the UK will be expected to pay VAT upfront on all goods imported from the EU. This means that on top of the cost of the product itself, there will be an extra duty tax and VAT cost
Travelling to the EU if there is a no deal Brexit
What does it mean to travel to and from the EU as a British Passport Holder if there is no deal?
If the UK leaves the EU with no deal then all British Passport holders will be considered a third country national and will
According to the Schengen Country Code, third-country passports must;
- Have been issued within the last 10 years on the date of arrival in a Schengen country
atleast3 months’ validity remaining on the date of intended departure from the last country visited in the Schengen area. Because third country nationals can remain in the Schengen area for 90 days (approximately 3 months), the actual check carried out could be that the passport has at least 6 months validity remaining on the date of arrival.
Does a no deal Brexit mean that I will now have to apply for a Visa to travel to the EU?
Many of us have great concerns about what travelling to the EU will look like after Brexit. The European Commission has now confirmed that UK Travellers will not need to apply for a visa to travel to the EU, however
What is an ETIAS and what is the cost?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) if there is no deal?
GDPR which came in to effect on 25th March 2018is a new set of rules designed to give EU Citizens more control over their personal data.
Does GDPR still stand if there is a no deal Brexit?
Although there will be no immediate change in the UK’s own data protection standards, should we leave the EU with no deal
What do I do if I will
If you would like to receive personal data from organisations established in the EU after 29th March and the EUCommission has not yet made an adequacy decision regarding the UK, then you should consider assisting your EU Partners in identifying a legal basis for those transfers.
How do I deal with data of European Citizens?
In the scenario of a no
There will be many changes to VAT rules when importing from or exporting products and services to the EU. Please read our article published in September 2018 for a detailed explanation of these changes
Big Changes for 2019
It is fair to say that there will be many changes for the UK arising in 2019. Many of these changes will be surrounded around Brexit whether Britain leaves the EU with or without a deal. We have addressed some changes that may arise as well as preparations that should be taken to prepare for the event of a no deal outcome. We strongly advise that the necessary steps and preparations are taken to ensure a
We at Outsourced ACC are available to speak to our clients and guide them all year around. Our all inclusive fee means you dont have to worry about additional charges every time you call us or send an email. Contact us today by email or phone and see how we can help you grow!